Valentine’s Day is this Friday! What do you all have planned? If you have a special date or Galentine’s GNO we have the perfect hair tutorial for you today.
You need a curling Iron, comb, brush, metal clips, bobby pins (optional), argan oil or serum (optional), and hairspray.
Start by parting your hair where you would like to wear it. A deep side part looks best. Then section off the sides from the back.
Take a 1-2 inch section and curl that section starting from the top working your way down to the bottom.
Make sure to keep the curling iron horizontal. The key to this style is curling all the hair in the same direction.
Once you complete a curl, wind it up and clip it with a metal clip, keeping the curl horizontal. Continue around the head until all the hair is curled and clipped.
Spray with hairspray and let the curls cool down. Once cooled let all the hair down and brush the curls together. Add a drop or two of argan oil and work through the mid shaft and ends if you would like. Finish with a wide toothed comb until you notice the curl pattern forming. It should start to look like a loose S wave.
Smooth your light side down and pin just behind the ear with bobby pins.
Finish off with another spray of hair spray and you’re good to go.
Thanks to L Beauty Bar for letting us use your beautiful salon. If you’re in the Seattle area, be sure to check them out! Hope you all have a great Valentines Day filled with happiness and love!
Here is another fun braid tutorial for you! This is just one take on a crown braid and it works best on medium to long hair. It is easier to do on someone else, so invite a friend over and have a braid party or if you’re more advanced with braiding, give it a try on yourself.
1. Start with dry hair with some wave or curl. Spray some dry shampoo throughout if you like. (the texture helps the braid stay in place)
2. Part hair where you would like to wear it. Start on your heavy side, or either side if you part in the center.
3. Begin an inside french braid (where the hair crosses over instead of under). Continue down to the other side of the head making sure to follow the head shape.
4. When you can no longer add hair, finish off the braid and secure with an elastic.
5. Cross the tail over to the other side and place behind the start of the french braid.
6. Hide the end underneath the other side of the braid and pin with bobby pins.
7. Once you’re happy with the placement, pull apart sections of the braid to add volume and texture.
8. Secure with a few bobby pins around the braid and finish with hairspray.
Happy braiding everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
We are so excited to share our first hair tutorial with you! This is a great way to freshen up a classic bun, created by our very own hair pros, Cherry and Jane. Try it this weekend!
- Start with second day hair if possible (this holds the style best), if it’s freshly washed, add some curl.
- Spray in a texture spray throughout for hold.
- Part hair from ear to ear at the crown in a horseshoe shape, creating a top and bottom section.
- With an elastic secure top section at the crown a high ponytail, this is where your bun will be.
- French braid the bottom section starting at the nape of the neck working your way up to the ponytail.
- Secure bottom section into the top with a separate elastic. Wrap your hair into a bun, securing with bobby pins.
- Voila! You have a braided bun. Finish with some hairspray and you can stop here if you like.
- For some added fun, put a bow on it!
Enjoy! Stay tuned for more tutorials coming your way. If you try this and post it on Instagram, tag us @weheartbowsblog. We’d love to see it!